One cool chick

People ask, "Who is that person over there?" to which people say, "That's one cool chick."

Friday, June 23, 2006

"Winding Down"

As most people in the world would say, things are finally winding down for the year. Yeah right. I'm just about completely exhausted and I just can't wait to sleep in for 2 months. (Tee hee hee) On the up side, I finished my report cards, and after I finish work tonight (in about 2 hours, and yes, it's already after 6pm) I can just enjoy the weekend. Things at the end of the year just get crazier and crazier until all of a sudden they come to a crashing halt at 3:30 pm on the last day. But then I get the cleaning bug and want to toss everything in sight so that I can start fresh in August. It's very cathartic.

It also surprises me that people are surprised that teachers look forward to the end of the year. Why wouldn't you be happy that you're about to start the working world's best benefit? It's not so much that I'm glad to get away from the kids (although the break is theraputic for both parties), as that I finally get to do all those things that I can't because I'm working all day.

Anyhow, I should run, otherwise I'll still be here when the alarm turns itself on, and that's never a good situation. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Girl you are preaching to the converted! I work with Children all day long as well, and even though I love the little buggers, I am really really really happy that we all get to take a short break from each other. I love summer holidays. From the sleeping in, to the nothing to do, to the sleeping in. I just do not see how it is bad..... Enjoy my friend, enjoy. Embrace the summer break, August will be here all too soon.

3:33 PM  
Blogger shinbone #4 said...

I think I will sleep for 24 hours before I even attempt to do anything else...

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home