One cool chick

People ask, "Who is that person over there?" to which people say, "That's one cool chick."

Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's about time!

I realize that it's been a riiculously long time since I posted a blog, and I'll understand if no one reads this! :)

Since June, life has just been flowing along. I went to a couple of weddings (both very excellent and fun), to which I wore a dress of Danica's that amazingly looked pretty decent on my expanding belly.

July was ridiculously hot and now I have a new appreciation for people who don't like the heat. I couldn't stand it. Just moving positions on the couch would throw me into a hot flash that would last forever. Even with fans blowing on me, I couldn't seem to get comfortable. I tried to book the boat in at the marina for a week, but they told me that there was a spot available in September - not really what I was looking for. But the couple of times we went out on the boat were the most comfortable days that I had all July.

August just flew by, and I have no idea what I did. I know it was cooler and I was conflicted because I wanted nice weather, but I couldn't help but feel releived that it wasn't hot. We took a few days and went on a trip to Banff, Jasper, and finished up with Sara and Ed's wedding. It was a very nice trip. Made all the better because the person who took our dog, Jules, from the lake two weeks before, called us up and returned her while we were away (thanks Danica for taking care of her!).

As for the pregnancy, things have been growing well all summer. Slow and steady. But now that I'm almost there, it's noticeable that I'm getting bigger every week. I'm officially 37 weeks along as of Monday, Setpt 17, and it's really starting to get uncomfortable. The baby is kicking a lot, and often stretching so that I just want to lay down and stretch out myself so that the baby has enough room (to try and save my ribs, hips and bladder). We have all of the stuff we think we need before the baby comes - crib, change table, side table, rocking chair, and a nice clean closet (I purged a LOT of stuff in August). It's been a little tough to find neutrally colored things for our little one, but I figure you don't really need to decorate at first because the baby doesn't care.

Anyhow, if you made it through to this point, good on ya! I'll be back hopefully before too long passes again!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I am so excited about baby I can't believe that the time is almost here!!!! I can say that I am not having the baby. You are probably juggling between OMGoodness I am gonna be a mommy it can't be true I don't know anything about being a mommy!!! and LORD A THUNDERING when will it ever end. I remember the last few weeks of my pregnancies and it was pretty much a toss up which one I was saying each minute. Love ya get someone to call me after baby comes and give me the details. PS go to sleep NOW you will thank me later

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog.... ya me!!! I can hardly wait for that little bundle of joy! though I feel bad that you are so uncomfortable! It will be all worth it in the end. love ya!

3:25 PM  
Blogger shinbone #4 said...

Lucky Seven, october 7th, lucky 7, october 7th.... come on now, it would be great!!

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yippee!!! I guess the count down is on now chicky!!! Come on baby W!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home