One cool chick

People ask, "Who is that person over there?" to which people say, "That's one cool chick."

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The End is Near!

Well, that title sounded a lot more dooms-day than it should, simply because the end is a fabulous thing! We went on our year end field trip today and it was so much fun. I'd love to publish some pictures, but that would be entirely inappropriate and breaking laws and such. I am a rebel (ha), but that's just too far. We went the museum in the morning, and learned about Native culture in the past and took a tour. We got to watch some Native dancing and it was a lot of fun. The kids were really into it, although they were really hungry about half way through the morning because they didn't get to have their usual snack.

Then after lunch, we went swimming, and I got in the water with them this year. That was a whole lot of fun too. I never understood how parents could take their kids swimming because all they did was sit there and watch them and such, but it's the best thing in the world! They're all so proud of what they can do that they all want you to watch, and the rest of the time, you just play! Of course it's very different from what you would do if you were swimming with a bunch of adults, but there you go. A good time was had by all.

Now, all I have to do before the holidays is have fun with the kids, and the awards ceremony. This is the first moment that I could say that things are winding down, and that's because the report cards are done, and I'm finally done all the other things that I need to get done before I don't see the kids for 2 months. On Thursday, I have to come and clean up the classroom and get it ready for cleaning and welcoming the kids back. Would anyone like to come and help? :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Your description of yourself "I'm a town girl living in the country" sounds like an interesting part of your life. How are you finding it? (Aside from "loving it") What things do you like, dislike?

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to come and help. Except that unlike some people I have to work until the 30th.... but after that... long days in the sun.

8:37 PM  
Blogger shinbone #4 said...

Can you taste it!!??? That's freedom baby!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Swoosh said...

I'm done! Well, not really. I still have a bunch of cleaning up to do, but I'm going to finish it up tomorrow (Sara, you're not the only working on the 30th), and then I really don't have to come back until the end of August. And I won't even have to feel guilty about it! More to come . . .

4:16 PM  
Blogger Swoosh said...

About the country, I love the wide open spaces, and my pets. I don't like how far away it is to visit my city friends. But that's a small price to pay for the view that I have!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a good view...
hehehehe

6:56 PM  
Blogger Swoosh said...

You are at that, Sara!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home