One cool chick

People ask, "Who is that person over there?" to which people say, "That's one cool chick."

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ahh . . . Christmas

Hello all my faithful readers,

I have been shamed into writing a new blog (thanks Shinbone #4). All that's really on my mind right now is Christmas. I'm in charge of the Christmas program at school, I'm somewhat responsible for the Christmas concert at the church, I'm playing piano for the Christmas choir, we're singing Christmas songs in my music classes, I've already had a very fun (albeit small) Christmas party, and I'm teaching Christmas songs to one of my piano students. Hopefully I'm not all Christmas-ed out by the time it gets here. At least I'm still REALLY looking forward to my Augustana Christmas party coming up soon.

Here's my Christmas dilemma. We do a "Secret Santa" gift exchange at work, where you pick someone else's name and buy them one $5 gift a week for 3-4 weeks. I have been a willing participant for the past 3 years. However, this year, I did not feel like I wanted to be a part of it. Partly because I'm just plain getting too much Christmas at school, and part of it because it seems that it's just about trying to figure out who has who and trying to keep it a secret. It really is quite stressful to try and keep it a secret. And I have enough stress right now. Ok, so I'll stop rambling, and tell you the dilemma. There's actually about 5 of us who didn't participate this year (leaving about 10), and the ones who ARE participating are harassing us and making us feel guilty about it (which is really just making me feel even more like being a hum-bug). What do you think (of their actions or of mine)?

Merry Christmas!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that they should leave you alone. If you don't want to play you do not have to... you are a grown woman. I think you did the right thing. Do not let them get to you, remember the real reason for christmas and keep that in your heart.
Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the......

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas-ed out!! Is that possible?? Bah -humbug! Really, who cares if they harrass? Let them harrass - just hum a little tune in your head and go on your merry way. Here's to change!! Love you dearest. Thanks for the girls night :D

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell them you don't believe in Santa Claus (even if you do)and you have a terrible time keeping secrets, that you hate getting those useless $5 gifts, and that you gave all of your money to charity.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

well, look to the others who didn't participate for support in this time of trial...i'm just wondering how you can get too much christmas...?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Swoosh said...

Well, that's some great advice. Thanks all. It hasn't been too bad lately, but it hasn't really started yet. As for too much Christmas, you haven't seen the school. Actually, it's REALLY festive and I like it. I just hate the little Christmas tree that starts singing the same song every time someone walks by . . . (there's like, 100 people in this building . . . )

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home