One cool chick

People ask, "Who is that person over there?" to which people say, "That's one cool chick."

Friday, June 06, 2008

I'm back!

Well, it's been a ridiculously long time since I've written anything, and I can think of three really good reasons - 1. Facebook. I have been enticed into the world where you don't have to write anything, but you can still keep up with the other wonderful folks who have been sucked in. 2. Sick leave/maternity leave. I wasn't at work anymore, where I had the most convenient access to the internet since certain stupid internet companies couldn't figure out how to get a signal at my house 5 km down the road from their tower. 3. Baby. I had a baby. Who didn't/doesn't like to sleep. Sigh.

So the last long while has been crazy busy and exhausting. John was born on his due date (imagine that), and was beautiful! He didn't really sleep well from the beginning, and I remember spending the first week sleeping with him on the couch because he had tummy troubles (and Trent and worried about bringing him into our bed). I also remember that he wouldn't nap well unless someone was holding him. Sigh. For a brief period he slept in his swing because that was the only way that anyone would get any rest. So to summarize, the last eight months have been strength-sapping.

Finally, his nap times have settled, and he sleeps from one to two hours twice a day (usually one and a half hours). I've almost weaned him - he has one nursing feed left, in the morning - and his tummy troubles have finally settled. It's frustrating because I could have just weaned him earlier, but every time you talk to a health nurse, that's the one thing they don't suggest you do, even if it's best for everybody.

Anyhow, I should probably go, since John's sleeping and this is really the only time I have to be me again. Next blog - getting no sleep and the effects on your brain. Hopefully to come sometime in the next two weeks (I make no promises!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home